Are you looking for a challenging Team Lead role that plays a critical part in our hoteliers’ success on trivago? We are looking for a new Team Lead to lead the Hotel Domain team in Advertiser Intelligence – if this sounds interesting to you apply today!
Your team’s mission is to provide data, insights and analysis to improve our hoteliers’ performance. You work closely with the B2B Marketing, Sales and Product teams to get a holistic understanding of our hoteliers and how we target them. Together with your team you develop solutions that enable the Hotel Domain to target hoteliers more efficiently, serve them with valuable, insightful products and help them improve their performance on trivago. Among others you are responsible for topics like Rate Connect bidding solutions, Next Best Actions, B2B Marketing attribution or performance reporting.
You take full responsibility for ensuring your team of Analysts, Data Scientists and ETL engineers is motivated, trained and challenged to perform their best. You prioritize the team’s workload and align with stakeholders on the strategic direction to take.
What you’ll do
- You allocate your team’s resources according to the Hotel Domain’s strategy and align on priorities with the different stakeholder departments
- You develop, guide and challenge your team to improve their skills and performance and deliver the maximum business value in their projects
- You take responsibility for your team’s data infrastructure including our tracking solution and align the team around the single point of truth
- You maximize the efficiency of our controllers/tools for sharing insights with the Hotel Domain (AR Controller, Salesforce Analytics, Looker, Shiny, …)
- You foster trust and motivation within and across the team by providing transparency and ensuring communication flow through regular stakeholder meetings and 1:1s
What you’ll definitely need
- Experience in leading (intelligence) teams and complex, cross-functional projects
- A lightning-quick grasp of new problems, and the confidence to find solutions
- Strong analytical skills and hands on experience with different query or programming languages (HQL, SQL, R, python or similar)
- A challenger mindset and the ability to spot issues/inefficiencies with ease
- High motivation to develop as a leader and contribute to the strategic development of the domain
What we’d love you to have
- Experience in developing or working with (bidding) algorithms or recommendation systems
- Experience with event tracking solutions and setting up a sustainable data infrastructure / attribution
- Experience in setting up controllers/KPI visualization in tools like PowerBI, Looker, tableau or similar
- Experience in working with Salesforce or other CRMs
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Ourstate-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.