|The Gen Foundation||Education||Scholarship||Worldwide||Worldwide|
The Gen Foundation is a charitable trust which principally provides grants to students/researchers in natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology
To be eligible for a Gen Foundation grant, an applicant:
- Must study and/or research in the field of natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology and
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The Foundation does not support undergraduates, short-term training, conferences, seminars, or thesis writing. Such applications will not be considered.
Before applying for the Gen Foundation grant, you are strongly recommended to check whether you are eligible to apply.
The application form must be completed in English and submitted with all of the supporting documents listed below no later than 28th February 2020.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Download a copy of the application form here:
2. Prepare the following documentation:
- One complete application form
– Refer to page 5 of the application form before completion
– Typed applications only; handwritten applications will not be considered
– English only
- One recent passport-sized photograph
– Attached to application form
– Portraits will not be accepted
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume)
– English only
- TWO original and signed letters of reference
– English or Japanese
– Not photocopied
– Not scanned
– Not emailed
- Evidence of acceptance by an organisation/institution
– Evidence of a conditional letter is acceptable
– Photocopied or Original
3. Post the application form and all supporting documents to the following address. Applications should arrive no later than 28th of February 2020:
- The Administrator
- The Gen Foundation
- 33 Cornhill
- London EC3V 3ND
- United Kingdom
Please try to send all of the above documents together with your application. However, if you are unable to provide a evidence of acceptance in time, you can arrange for it to be sent directly to us by the relevant organisation. Please let us know in your application that such documents are to follow.
Please note we cannot return any of the documentation once they have been submitted.
The Trustees of the Foundation will select a shortlist of candidates on the basis of the submitted applications. The Trustees will then conduct interviews of those shortlisted candidates before making a final decision.
Gen Foundation Application Schedule
|Action||Start Date||End Date|
|Application Period||1st November 2019||28th February 2020|
|Evaluation Period||March 2020||End of April 2020|
|Initial Result Notification(Result will be sent by post)||End of May 2020|
|Interview Period||1st July 2020||31st July 2020|
|Final Result Notification & Grants Awarded||September 2020||–|
* Please note these dates may be subject to change. We strongly recommend candidates to check this section periodically.