|Bustle Digital Group||Writing||Part Time||Remote||Remote|
Elite Daily is seeking a part-time travel writer with a background in travel writing and a deep passion for seeing, experiencing, and sharing the world to join our team. Applicants should be able to provide an endless stream of airport and travel hacks, have the ability to identify trendy, up-and-coming vacation destinations, and should know where to scout out the best, most exciting and Instagrammable hotels, Airbnbs, and hostels in those locations for readers and like-minded travelers who are exploring solo or in a group.
Our millennial readers prioritize experiences over things. They want to know the destinations their favorite influencers are traveling to, where to capture the best content for their feeds, and find ways to immerse themselves in local culture — all while feeling like their best friend is the one who’s sharing this insider info. with them.
Applicants interested in this role should understand our millennial readership, know where to track down affordable travel, and how to put together a travel budget. They should also be able to creatively brainstorm new ideas, and be comfortable writing about their own travel experiences.
The position is part-time, remote, and takes place during normal business hours. This position does not include paid travel.
- Availability to work remotely 3 days a week, Monday – Friday
- Relevant writing experience on a travel site and/or personal travel blog
- Experience in writing personal narratives
- Ability to build and maintain a list of experts, social media influencers, and original sources for articles
- A passion for delivering everything there is to know about travel to like-minded millennials
- An ability to remain flexible while meeting deadlines
- A deep understanding of, and experience with, traveling the world as a millennial
- Ability to discover and identify a variety of trending travel topics to create clever, authentic angles
- Clean copy with minimal edits
- SEO experience
- Be able to turn around 3 articles per day in a timely manner
- Pitch 5-10 fresh, original angles and incorporate original image ry, when necessary
- Keep track of travel trends surrounding major holidays and seasonal travel