|West Virginia University||Education||Scholarship||United States|
West Virginia University strives to provide its students with an inclusive educational experience. We are pleased to offer incoming, freshmen international students the opportunity to receive academic scholarships.
Current scholarship information and values pertain to incoming freshmen for fall 2019 and is not retroactive to previous classes or currently enrolled students. Students entering WVU prior to the fall 2019 semester may have been offered different scholarships and/or amounts. Future students may also have different criteria or values.
For consideration, students must be admitted to the Morgantown campus by the deadlines listed for each scholarship. Please review all deadlines carefully.
- International students graduating from a high school located within the United States will be considered for Institutional Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen instead of international scholarships.
- International students who are admitted as incoming transfer students to WVU will be considered for our Transfer Scholarships instead of international scholarships.
- Graduate-level international students may consider pursuing graduate assistantships by searching for positions via the Handshake job search database at studentemployment.wvu.edu.
- Scholarships offers are made on an ongoing basis beginning approximately by December for the upcoming academic year.
- Scholarship amounts may be affected if students are receiving additional financial aid or assistance.
- See our Scholarship FAQs page for information on receiving multiple scholarships and/or aid.
See our Scholarship FAQs for information on applying for scholarships, scholarship offers, summer, and more. See our Renewal Requirements page for information that institutional scholarship/grant recipients need to know about maintaining their scholarship for future academic years as well as deferral and leave of absence information.